rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama: Romney's a "bullshitter"

Obama: Romney's a "bullshitter"

Quote: (11-04-2012 09:40 AM)Farmageddon Wrote:  

The title of this thread is "Romney is a bullshitter" but I think a fair subtitle could definitely be: Tenderman is also a bullshitter.

You said you wanted 3 to 1, I countered with 2 to 1 on 500; you say your work involves negotiation so let me cue you on a basic tenet of negotiations, you should counter offer with something more towards my line or stay firm in your original offer, not offer me worse odds than your opening salvo. From 3 to 1 to 4 to 1? That doesn't even make sense…

Let me put it this way: As a gambler you look for odds that give you an edge. You have offered me what is essentially an even money proposition considering the latest poll and bookmaker projections. Obama is a 4 to 1 favorite to win and you offered me 4 to 1 on my money. That is even money. The reason is offered 2 to 1 is because that gives me an edge. You apparently need a refresher on your statistical training.

Yeah, because the game I play (online multi-table cash holdem/omaha) is now illegal in the United States. Were it still legal, I would most likely still be playing.

Um, no. You said you wanted 3 to 1 and I countered with 2 to 1 then YOU countered with 4 to 1, which doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And I quote (from your earlier offer):

You clearly suck at negotiating. Just saying'…

I said I wanted the bet that weekend an you crawdadded out of it. But I'll still offer you 2.5 to 1 on 500.

Well, there's no question that as an ex-professional gambler -- oh, I am sorry let's be more precise, an ex_LEGAL gambler -- you have a hard time reading. Maybe your overall visual field is weak -- you know the difference between a club and a spade, do you?

Hmmm...didn't think so.

I didn't OFFER 3-1 odds. I said I MIGHT consider it. I didn't say I would ACCEPT it.

Interested in 5-1?

By the way, "crawdad" is not a verb.

Messages In This Thread