rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My Personal Journey to Becoming a Moderate Social Drinker

My Personal Journey to Becoming a Moderate Social Drinker

Damn dude - this thread really hit home for me. I struggled badly with alcohol through most of my drinking history, and although I didn't have your extreme violent streaks, I can certainly relate to the self-destructive aspects of being on the sauce.

I posted a bit about how I got my shit together in my intro thread. Feel free to PM me if you're curious about what I went through for treatment or have any questions. I still continue to drink a bit too much, but my existence is completely different than it was back in 2011 when I was literally drinking myself to death.

I know this shit is tough, but you've already taken a huge first step by admitting that you have some issues with booze and things need to change - most people don't have the balls to be honest with themselves in that regard. You've gotten yourself a moderation resource, put together a plan, and you seem damn motivated to make this work. You've also added some public accountability by creating a thread with your progress. That will go a long way.

I'm really rooting for you to get where you want to be.

Best of luck,
CIS

Messages In This Thread