rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Move to North Dakota

Move to North Dakota

I'll share some info I got in this thread. It's just some things an associate told me who's working for a Louisiana company that has him on an offshore rig for a few weeks and home for 2. He's some sort of galley cook with no physical labor or cooking experience besides fast food jobs. Sometimes he does galley hand work and is making about $19/hour right now (started a few months ago). Keep in mind that he's out there living on the rig for weeks with free food and housing so he's just saving it all up. He said people stay on for months at a time just watching it fill up their accounts.

- I asked him about North Dakota. He said I could go but what's the point if it's all in my backyard.
- I went up to Workforce Solutions last week to see if they could help me with any openings on a rig. The lady said maybe but wanted me to spend $500 in training classes before anything. He told me a company will pay for all that if they need you out there and not to waste my money.
- His relative is a captain on a boat out there and helped get him on. I asked him if he could get me out there, but he's to new.
- TWIC has 3 locations in town with employment agencies. He told me to go there, Workforce Solutions again, rigzone.com and up to the companies headquarters around Houston.
- It's a little tricky to get into but once you're in, you'll always have a job with that experience.
- Be clean!! He almost didn't get hired because his dumbass was smoking close to the date and he had to do all kinds of detox methods.

I know he's planning a trip to Europe in early 2013 which is crazy because he was living like a bum not to long ago.

Messages In This Thread