rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

40+ fashion
0+ fashion
Good post Eddie.

I used to be so sloppy in my style. At the time ( in my 20's to early 30's ) I thought I looked good but looking back on my photos I can see how baggy and out of shape and crappy everything looked. I used to buy loads of clothes,usually buying an item because something was on sale,and the idea of spending big on a few choice items was an anathema. I used to laugh at people who bought designer and tell myself I'd never buy something because it was a famous name. Of course what I had not comprehended was that most people who were dropping big on items were not doing so because of the name,but because of the quality of materials used and fit.

At about 35 I saw aDiesel sweater for sale. It cost me £75 and I debated buying it all day,trying to justify it. When I did and I wore it I noticed the difference in feel immediately. It was like a glove and I felt great wearing it. From there I started taking a real interest in how I dressed ( I won't say an interest in fashion because I don't follow trends or even aware of them ) and decided to only buy quality
clothing. I threw out 90% of my old clothes and slowly built up my new wardrobe with well fitted,well tailored clothing,mostly designer but not all,I happily wear Primark if it fits well ( I'm not a label whore or snob ).

Now my wardrobe concists of two designer sports jackets that fit like a glove,a selection of designer slim fit shirts ( I always thought baggy clothes made a person look bigger,then I tried a slim fit shirt and saw how much more muscular I looked ),some nice cashmere sweaters,Diesel jeans and a few pairs of Prada shoes. I
dress smart casual which for a late thirties guy gives the image I want to put out there. The transformation is stark. People constantly comment on my clothing especially women ( male friend's take the piss that I dress so well ) and I don't
care what anyone says,people definitely respond to you much much better the more well dressed you are,both male and female. I only wear a suit to weddings and never wear a tie,doesn't interest me in any way.

What I have also learnt is that I spend no more money on my wardrobe now then I did before. I used to buy random shit all the time that would fall apart soon after or I'd never wear. Now I buy a few nice pieces a couple times a year and look after them properly.

The only thing I'm really missing now is a good winter coat,I'll probably compromise and get a Burberry mac which I can wear in spring and autumn too. And I need to get myself some pocket squares to add some detail and

Investing in my wardrobe has improved my game no end,it makes you stand out from the average generically dressed male especially when you reach your late thirties and onwards. I live in a third tier UK town where few people can afford to dress well ( that's not true,they decide to spend their cash on beer instead ) so my look piques a lot of interest and allows me to approach women a point or two above me in the looks scale and twenty years younger,and know tbe bitch shield will be lowered. It's a completely different story for my generically dressed male friend's. It's shallow that we judge each other on how they are dressed but it's undoubtedly a truism.

Messages In This Thread