rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

USA vs Europe Pros/Cons

Quote: (10-19-2012 12:20 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2012 11:12 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I have family in Europe (including in Stockholm), so I know the differences very well.

Again, these are all your own personal observations, and they are valid, to you. But, to the rest, an empirical study that weighs tens of factors, across hundreds of cities has more validity and resonance. Nothing against what you have seen and observed, but there is no way that your experiences can match the breadth of this study or many other studies.

There are three different studies here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_mos...ble_cities

And not one US city is in the top 10 of any of those studies. Not one.

Studies like this are meaningless to me and many other people. I've been to a lot of those cities. You couldn't pay me to live in Toronto. Look at how many forum members who live there hate it. You will find way more people from Toronto living in the US than you will find Americans living there. Believe that. Without NATO and the US military presence, most of those European cities would be shitholes due to constant wars.

San Francisco is the highest ranked American city for quality of life, and it's a great place, but for me I wouldn't prefer it over, say, NYC due to the lack of good looking women.

America is still the place to go for opportunity. Not everyone wins but that's precisely the point. Talent and hard work rises. Not everyone will be happy with that system but I know for me I wouldn't want a society where I have to subsidize lazy people who contribute nothing while my opportunities become limited. When was the last time the Greeks invented anything? [Image: smile.gif]

Messages In This Thread