rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Niall Ferguson on BBC's Hardtalk (07/04/2012)

Niall Ferguson on BBC's Hardtalk (07/04/2012)

Quote: (10-15-2012 04:52 PM)Tigre Wrote:  

Quote: (10-14-2012 04:20 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

First of all, I love how he doesn't let the journalist bulldoze over him with her wild prejudices and preconceptions typical of the uninformed-TV-journalist/commentator I-am-the-celebrity-here class (paging Matthews, Hannity, Maddow, Reilly, and so forth).

That was the part I liked the least. He wasted the first half of the interview making the same point over and over again.

She was trying to move him along to the other things they planned to discuss. He wasted the opportunity by paying no heed to what she was clearly communicating.

I've read a small amount from Niall Ferguson, enough to know he's an extremely talented writer. In this case, however, he would have benefited from the humility to listen to what a professional of the TV format was hinting at, and follow her lead.

Nope, disagree. You have to quash these ignorant media types like a fly, buzzing around with their annoying faulty assumptions.

Messages In This Thread