rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it Really Our Puritan Influenced Society That Bred Feminism in The US and UK?

Is it Really Our Puritan Influenced Society That Bred Feminism in The US and UK?

Quote: (10-13-2012 07:43 AM)rastignac Wrote:  

I find the arguments pretty convincing, after reading it the last few years, at least in broad socio-historical terms. Feminism paints itself as disruptive and against the grain of western social mores and ideology ("patriarchy"). It seems to me more like a natural progression of gender ideology in the societies where it has taken root. I am more convinced as I have more deep experience with other cultures.

But, it is definitely counter-intuitive that slutwalks are the fruit of puritanism.

Yes, I'd agree with you before reading the Anglobitch blog. On the surface, your point makes sense, but think about it this way: the Slutwalks are, just like most of feminism, about gaining more and more priviliges for women (dressing anyway they want to, getting very drunk, sucking and fucking as many cocks as they want to,etc). without wanting to pay any of the consequences (being slut shamed by other women [and some men], having half-unconscious sex with some guy and then cry rape the following morning, not taking an iota of responsibility after getting "raped," judged, etc).

Why? Because again, this falls in line with the Puritan belief that women are spiritually and morally superior to men. Men are grovelling sexual predators who must be chained by society in order to keep things from exploding. It's the same rationale. Except that before Women's Lib, yes, women had less choices in their lives and in some arenas had less rights than men, but they also didn't have to bear the grave duties that came with those rights. Now, they want MORE rights than men with LESS the responsibilities.

Messages In This Thread