rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifting Weights and Martial Arts

Lifting Weights and Martial Arts

As a vet of martial arts (8 different ones), I will tell you this:

The most lethal martial art IMO is aikido. You don't need bulky muscles for martial arts and you are likely to do more damage to yourself by punching and kicking than you will to your attacker. I've smashed up my hand something fierce by doing this. Punching is absolutely the wrong way to disable someone in a fight. It takes about 3 seconds and 2 lbs of pressure to execute a technique and permanently disable someone or break a bone. If you really want to use your limbs to strike, an elbow to the face will be much more effective than any punch or kick. I have studied under one of the best Muay Thai teachers around who actually fights in Thailand and can say that I will NEVER use punches or kicks in a stand up fight. Aikido is a much safer and more graceful art, gets things done with a minimum of blood shed and requires almost 0 power.

If you want to get into great shape, try holding the horse stance for more than 2 minutes. Aikido's katas are fvcking brutal and a great way to condition yourself against pain.

Messages In This Thread