rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Books Similar to Neil/Naughty Nomad/English Teacher X/Etc.?

Books Similar to Neil/Naughty Nomad/English Teacher X/Etc.?

Quote: (10-04-2012 03:49 PM)brianmark Wrote:  

Tell me some good books, blogs, etc. to read. Seriously good with some hardcore specifics. Not just high level airy things.

I started my blog and will probably write some books about the travel I've done to 48 countries. I have an idea for something else that makes money and I can maintain it from anywhere in the world.

Are you living location independent or do you know some people that are? I will be glad to contact them and see what I can learn.

The 4 hour work week is bullshit. My guess is Roosh puts in more than 8 hours a day working on his Forum or writing books. I have one friend that has been on the internet for 10 years and has had his own website and Forum for 6 years. He works more hours a day than he would on a 9 to 5 job. I think he just got profitable a year ago. I'm not sure if he's telling the truth about how much money he makes either.

Any other suggestions that you KNOW work will be appreciated.

Until recently I was making $1,000-$1,800 a month working less than 4 hours a week. I was able to do this with one affiliate site in the MMA clothing niche, and a related coupon code site. Once they were off the ground and had decent traffic (5,000-12,000 unique per month) I was able to hire an American writer to do my short daily product posts for me for $150 a month, freeing up nearly all of my time.

Unfortunately, the company I did my main affiliate sales through, MMAWarehouse, was bought out and cut their commissions in half. This, combined with my lack of desire to work on the site, and decrease in traffic due to a couple Google updates, left me with a big dip in my income. The two sites sat idle for 6-7 months until I decided to sell them. I got $4,900 for them.

If I hadn't been so lazy, I would of had similar sites in half a dozen niches, with a small team of native English speaking writers doing my content for me. I could be doing fairly decent for myself and working very few hours. My biggest problem was not being motivated, and not continuing to build on what I already had.

Right now I have jumped into e-commerce and I am just getting started. I should be able to make substantially more money in my new venture, and still not have to work much. I will have to work more than I did in the past, but once the product descriptions/contentment is complete, and the site has some decent traffic, the work load is not much. 1-4 hours per day depending on how many orders I have to process, and how much effort I am putting into linkbuilding.

Of course, all of this can be outsourced once you are making some cash. You just have to build it up to that point. Phone calls can be outsourced to call centers in Colombia/Mexico which staff immigrants who had been deported from the US, who have perfect English. Email outsourced to the Phils where they can answer the large majority of emails, which will be the same basic questions (can you ship to so and so, does it come with a remote? How big is it? etc.) Link building and SEO can also be outsourced, and once you have the money for it, is probably a good idea as it can be time consuming and monotonous.

As far as 4 hours a week vs 4 a day vs 8 a day. It all depends on the business you go into. A writer like Roosh may have to spend a lot of time writing. Someone doing affiliate sites may spend a lot of time up front, but once they are built and ranked, won't have much work to do. If you have startup cash, you can outsource a lot of work and get your work hours down low. If you are an online consultant, you might have to work several hours a day, as you can't outsource it. Just depends on your business and niche. There isn't one way to make money online, there are hundreds. Just like in real life. A carpet cleaner may have to work 10 hours a day, but the guy who owns the trailer park may be able to stick a manager in there and the owner works relatively few hours.

Can we do this discussion/argument somewhere else though? I would rather stick to the book topic. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread