rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Real Estate in other countries

Real Estate in other countries

CC,
For Brasil, do not buy anything over the internet. Go there in person, see the place, get a feel for it. Go there not for a couple of weeks but 3-6 months to get a feel of the place to see if this is a good place to live and whether you'd like living there and ask around the people if it's a good area to live. I can't tell you how many incredible deal offers I've been receiving from various companies that target the gringo market in Brasil. But anyways, I"m sure you're wise enough to already know all of that.
There's a guy in Brasil, a german living in Minas, he has a blog filled with good info about buying real estate in brasil. Google "alemao mineiro" and read everything on this guy's site. Then if you're truly serious, go there in person, make contacts there. I'm also thinking of buying real estate in Brasil and I'll be scouting the country hard over the next 2 years. I'll spend 2-3 months in 3-5 cities before settling on one and then a given city spend more time there before pulling the trigger. Here's another piece of advice that I'm sure you may already know: invest in a city that will be hosting world cup games in 2014.
Btw, where in Brasil are you looking to buy real estate? I know a couple good reliable real estate agents in BH and BSB as well as 2 good lawyers in BSB and Fortaleza I could pass you their contacts if you're looking in these cities.

Also, a good site that used to have quality people with quality posts was the brazzil.com forum. But unfortunately, it got sidetracked and invaded by trolls and sex tourists. But if you browse the archives, you can still find some good info. Another awesomely informative community/forum is the abc-latina.com but this is a community/forum for/by French expats and the Brasil section is filled with very knowledgeable and helpful people, but it's all in French. So please do not expect any info there in English as everything is in French.

Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread