rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I'm Starting a Blog

I'm Starting a Blog

My two words of advice are to go super niche, like RougeNoir suggested, and to do one long post per week, as opposed to several per week, like most game blogs.

Go super niche and brand yourself an expert in that particular area of game. I.E. approach, text game, online game, college student game, etc. Brand yourself an expert and create products to sell to your audience. Release a free product to get people to subscribe to your mailing list so that you can market to them over and over again. Only send them quality content though, or they will unsubscribe quickly.

Most game blogs post several times per week, one thing I have not seen is a game blog that posts once per week, but with a long, in depth article. ViperChill is an online marketing blog that is really good, and he does this. Check this post out: http://www.viperchill.com/guest-blogging/

You could do one post per week, but really research and tackle that topic and make it the definitive guide for whatever problem it is. I.E. you could go in depth on daygame approaching a 2 set. Or how to identify the best places to daygame. Maybe malls are good, but are there certain places, times of day, days of the week that are the best? Maybe Friday at 12:50 by the Cinnabon is the best place to approach because girls are getting a sweet snack before heading back to work, and are in a good mood to have some fun on Friday night?

As for your original question, I like Hostgator for hosting, and I wouldn't consider any other platform other than Wordpress to run your blog on.

Messages In This Thread