rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Move to North Dakota

Move to North Dakota

Quote: (09-14-2012 05:01 AM)elabayarde Wrote:  

Anyone know the fastest way to get a CDL. Are the accelerated courses or anything of that nature.

There are few routes you can go to get a CDL. Some community colleges offer a course to get your CDL but they take an entire semester. If you're paying for it yourself this is the cheapest route but it takes way too much time.

I would recommend finding a good private school. Depending on which part of the country you live in they can cost between 3000 and 5000 dollars. Courses usually last 4 to 5 weeks and provide you all of the training you need to get a Class A CDL with all of the endorsements you would need to work in ND.

I am attending a private school right now. I just finished the first week of class. We spent the entire week in the classroom doing book work. At the end of the week I took a test to get a learners permit at the DMV. The next three weeks we'll be driving. After that I'll take a driving test and receive a CDL with the tanker, hazmat and doubles+triples endorsements.

Before you decide on a school do your research. Be sure to find a credible school. There are some shitty ones out there. This forum has a lot of good info on different schools around the country: http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/

You will also need to pass a DOT physical and drug test to get a learners permit and license. Most schools will include the cost of both tests.

If you have any questions feel free to message me

Messages In This Thread