rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Invaluable Skills for the Oh-Shit! situations

Invaluable Skills for the Oh-Shit! situations

Quote: (04-07-2012 03:34 PM)joehoya Wrote:  

When I travel in Latin America (hell, when I am in DC, Vegas or Chicago too) I am absolutely ASTOUNDED by how few people are exercising any significant awareness of their surroundings.

I agree, it's an important skill. I keep a scan going, I'm wary of groups of young men, I try to be wary of people that could be pickpockets, I get suspicious when someone comes too close. I switch street sides early on when I see something I don't like. When a stranger says that they like you, get out of there. Things of that nature.

You signal your awareness to a potential threat by briefly looking in their direction without challenging them. Basically, scan their feet until they noticed that you have, which usually just takes moments.

In Brazil, if you wear flipflops you can't run but if you wear something else you're outed as a tourist. That's a dilemma.

In a club, I hold my drink at all times or gulp it down. It's tricky to teach the women to do the same. Oh, I never drink alcohol.

Having said that, I love my paranoia, it's a hobby. Never tell a woman though, she will think you're a scared rabbit.

What I haven't mastered yet though is keeping up the scan and the awareness when I'm at the side of a woman, especially during an approach or during early dates.

Messages In This Thread