rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Questions for Those Who Have Learned Russian

Questions for Those Who Have Learned Russian

Quote: (09-12-2012 02:07 PM)Blunt Wrote:  

I partially agree with Wolverine. I think that it's not worth it to become fluent in Russian for the hell of it, like for a couple 2-week trips throughout your lifetime. I think it's worth it if you like Russian-speaking countries enough that you could see yourself spending at least summers there when you get older, or if you're seriously considering marriage to a Russian speaking girl.

I disagree with the point that it is impossible to flirt without being fluent. Being conversational, and by that I mean being able to hold enough conversation for a 2-3 hour date is sufficient to emotionally connect. You keep the conversation to topics that you're good about talking about and inject emotion through your body language and facial expressions when your words don't suffice. Just lighthearted observational kind of things that you should be keeping dates to anyways.

The fact is that becoming even conversational is a feat in Russian and waiting to go beyond the English speakers until you're fluent is like waiting to go to the beach until you have a six-pack and bicep veins.

I meant if you're going to learn a language you need to master it to reap the advantages with the attractive women from that country.

My experience speaking basic hebrew and basic french (6 years schooling) did not give me access to the hot non english speaking girls in Israel and France. I ended up attracting the english speakers anyway.

I think it was Vorkuta who mentioned on another thread that the Russian girls he pulled didnt care less that he could speak basic Russian.

Whats more a latino american speaking broken russian on the streets of Moscow will be thought of as a muslim from Tajikistan by 90% of the girls. They wont give him the 8 seconds of their time he needs explain that he's latin american. I'm sorry but that is the reality.

For a tanned guy the russian language needs to be fluent or English is the better option.

Messages In This Thread