rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia

Ulaan Baatar, Mongolia

Quote: (09-08-2012 08:13 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

Dude, just stay in the US if your cars carry such importance.

I might be showing up as a US poster because I'm stateside for a short training exercise. I'm stationed in Japan, halfway through a two-year tour. So I'm already based and situated in Asia. Right now it looks like the following is my "Most Likely Course of Action": become a defense contractor, possibly marry my local Okinawan girlfriend, dick down a bunch of chicks on the side and spend my income on cars. I know a few guys who have been here 10-22 years and the above seems to work out pretty well for them. The biggest problem is that I despise the disgustingly hot/humid jungle climate of Okinawa. Humidity seems to be a problem in any Asian city that's worth a damn.

Quote:Quote:

In Europe the security need is not as great but you'll be hit with a lot of Insurances fees. Gasoline prices are also steep and DUI laws generally very rough. Not to mention that Europe is largely moving away from the car.

I stopped by the DMV (well, the Slovenian equivalent) in Ljubljana and worked out the procedure for importing my cars. It's pretty straight-forward and not too expensive, although I didn't look into insurance. I also went to the dealership and determined that it would be cheaper to import both my cars than it would be to sell them both and buy a single replacement in Slovenia itself. European gas prices aren't much worse than what I'm spending in Japan: about $7.50/gal for premium, roughly $300/month. I never drink alcohol so DUI laws are irrelevant.

Quote:Quote:

Thus my advice is to free yourself of your reliance on your cars.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. To me it comes across as "Free yourself from your reliance on scuba diving/skiing,etc." Why would I free myself from the hobbies I'm passionate about? [Image: huh.gif]

But in the context of the expounding information that you've presented in this post, your original comments make a little more sense.

Messages In This Thread