rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Data Sheet: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico!

Data Sheet: Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico!

One thing I just discovered today is that the Chapultepec area west of downtown is hopping in the early evening during the week.

Last monday I went there maybe around 11pm or 12 and it was fairly quiet.

But this monday I went there to meet a girl off couchsurfing at 8pm. The place was hopping. There was even a large group of people salsa dancing in the plaza/median. Some cute girls by the look of it.

Happy hour seems to be pretty big here during the week, especially in nice weather.

My take so far is this:

Centro/Downtown - daygame. Nightlife only good in a few bars on the weekend. "Scratch" and the bar next door for girls. Tons of clubs but they are 90% gay, but straight girls can be found in the gay clubs occassionally.

Chapultepec - early evening good. Good on weekends. This area is a 25 minute walk from Centro or a 40 peso cab.

Lola Lita (just east of Chapultepec) - always has girls from wednesday/thursday on.

Americas Club - north of Chapultepec I believe. Went saturday night and it was packed. A hot club right now... no cover that night and beer was 30 pesos. Guys outnumbered girls that night.

There may be a sort of resurgence of clubs happpening in central guadalajara right now. There are quite a few hidden all over the place within walking distance. A lot of them are brand new.

Hopefully a cartel will not lob another grenade putting a damper on the fun... It happened a few years back. But currently I feel safe walking alone at night, better then I do in Atlanta, GA. Though I have been warned that shit does happen here.

Messages In This Thread