rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anything Goes Thread: Travel Related

Anything Goes Thread: Travel Related

Quote: (09-01-2012 12:59 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Quote: (08-31-2012 07:27 PM)houston Wrote:  

What do Germans do when someone brings up WWII and Nazis?

Houston, I've made several German friends over the years and have been over there a couple of times, its a touchy subject that you should avoid bringing up in public or in group situations. However, I've found that in private if you want to have an intelligent conversation with a German about the subject, they're usually okay with it.

I remember I was in my Spanish class last year in Bogota and there were a few Germans in the class, The teacher wanted to bring up a topic of conversation for the class to talk about and she says "let's talk about Adolf Hitler". The Germans were quick to ask that another topic be chosen, not something they usually enjoy talking about.

very true seemingly all germans.(regardless of social status,age,gender etc)are having it difficult to talk about wwii.as if they want this time to be erased from theyr collective memory.

Messages In This Thread