rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Intermittent Fasting

Intermittent Fasting

Quote: (08-03-2012 03:48 PM)ManAbout Wrote:  

Quote: (08-03-2012 03:40 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Your body does not need as much energy as I used to believe 6 dates is enough to power a workout for me and those will burn off by the time I am done.

But then, you are not working out fasted are you?

The whole point of a fasted workout is to use the fat stores to fuel your activity.

I do now but I had to ease into it. What I am saying is that the idea of a big pre-workout is more mental then physical.

Example here are pictures of what I ussually ate pre-workout:

[Image: Bilbo+002.jpg]
Heaping plate of Whole pasta

+
[Image: PB&JSandwich.jpg]
@ PB & J

+
[Image: 220px-Protein_shake.jpg]

I used to waste so much time timming my meals that I would be eating for 2 hours prior to lifiting.

Then I scaled down to:

[Image: PB&JSandwich.jpg]
@ PB & J

+
[Image: 220px-Protein_shake.jpg]

Then down to

[Image: can-i-give-my-baby-dates.jpg]

+

[img][Image: 220px-Protein_shake.jpg][/img]

Then too:

[Image: can-i-give-my-baby-dates.jpg]

TO NOW:

[NOTHING]

My energy has not digressed from whatever I ate. It was a matter of getting my mind to adjust to getting energy from other places.

Quote: (08-03-2012 03:57 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (08-03-2012 03:40 PM)kosko Wrote:  

^You have to ease into it. You current routine would fit in nicely you would just have to figure out when to eat your meals. Your body does not need as much energy as I used to believe 6 dates is enough to power a workout for me and those will burn off by the time I am done. I used to have mammoth meals pre-workout because I thought it would power me through and it does at time but its all mental. Now I am just mentally fucked up and pheening to go burn energy in the food or not. The transition period is key once your brain buys into it you become a animal .

You eat six dates before a 90-120 minute Brazilian jiu jitsu session?

I lift. But you underestimate the power of Dates they are easily the most natural energy dense foods on earth. There is a reason why Muslims incorporate them into Ramadan. A Dates GI is as high if not higher than white sugar....

Plus

Hershel Walker eats nothing to doing that type of training:

[Image: herschel-walker-2.jpg]

Just get used to it. Its all mental more than anything.

Messages In This Thread