rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Haters Lounge

Haters Lounge

Quote: (07-29-2012 01:00 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

Compared to today's saturation of America's Next Whatever and Americans' obsession with reality TV and tabloids, the fact that a movie like Inception made it to widespread distribution is a goddamn miracle. I'd say it's high intellectual media graded on a curve. If you're talking about actual higher intellectual pursuits, no, it's not on the same level as watching Leonard Bernstein conduct Beethoven or Kenneth Branaugh in Hamlet.

I hate 99% of line cooks, and even more than them I hate the previous chefs they worked for who taught them to be absolute hacks.

I can remember pretty vividly when I saw it two years ago. I was kind of wrecked after two weeks of 65-70 hr/wk shift work at the factory, basically felt dead to the world, so I went to the movie theater, and was completely enthralled for what felt like days.
Yeah it's not on the scale of Shakespeare but it was probably the best summer movie escapism I've ever experienced.

Messages In This Thread