rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Amway. Anyone tried it?

Amway. Anyone tried it?

Before I go into this, if there is already an Amway thread maybe someone could point me to it because I couldn't find one.

Anyways, I was recently approached by a co-worker about selling stuff for Amway. We sat down an hashed it out, and it sounded pretty interesting to me.

From what I gathered it comes down to this-

1. With Amway's help, you set up a webpage for you through Amway. Anytime someone wants to buy something from you, they access the Amway products through your Amway domain.

2. When they buy stuff, they buy it at retail cost, and you get "points" which amounts to the difference between the wholesale and the retail prices.

3. At the end of the month, Amway tallies up your points and gives you a check for the equivalent amount of money, plus bonuses that you can get for crossing certain sales thresholds.

4. You get extra bonuses for bringing on other people to sell stuff through their own domains. They come under your umbrella, and you get more points when they get more points. This seems to be the big multiplier, the difference between hundreds a month or thousands a month. The more people you have selling under your umbrella, the bigger your bonuses and overrall points totals get.

They sell all kinds of stuff, from Nutrilite supplements to house cleaning stuff. Even make up. I was pretty impressed.

The concept sounds pretty straightforward to me. Your earnings are tied directly to the amount of effort you want to put in. Get a few customers and make some bar money, or go all out and make shit loads. No sales goals or anything like that. Some of the "success stories" are obviously pretty crazy, like dudes retiring in their 20s and 30s, and while an outlier, one dude made 100k in a month.

If legit, it sounds like a pretty easy way to make some side money. Talk to people about the products, get them to buy the stuff through your website. House cleaning stuff and make up for mom, supplements for your buddies, all that fun stuff. Possibly get friends in on it too to rack up the affiliate bonuses. It would be awesome to have side money, even if I never go crazy like some of the success story people did.

They want $164 up front to start for samples and stuff like that, which is supposedly refundable if you decide to bow out after a couple months.

But, as always, there is that feeling that "it sounds to good to be true".

Has anyone here had any experience with Amway? Was it easy, hard? Is it worth the time and effort?

I know they used to have a pretty shady rep and a weird corporate culture, but it seems that if all I have to do is sit back with my own domain, sending people here and there while getting a small cut, I don't see anything bad about that.

Messages In This Thread