rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Olympic Lifts

Olympic Lifts

Quote: (07-21-2012 07:36 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2012 03:32 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I got turned off a bit on squats after sustaining a groin injury that took me out for about 3 months. I never had that type of injury with machine style lifting. Though squats did make my thighs huge.

If you got the form down, you're set, but easier said than done.

how did you hurt your groin doing squats? groin injuries are usually from sports that involve running and changing directions. i've heard of lots of injuries from squats but they are usually back related.

It's the inside of my thigh. I figure that's the groin.

What happened is that in gym A I didn't go all the way down with my squats, then in gym B I did because of the way the equipment was set up. Well I was going farther down on big weight, and there are muscles that only activate when you go low. Those muscles couldn't take the weight since they weren't getting trained in gym A.

It's like training to go halfway down on the bench press, and then with 300 pounds one day you decide to go all the way down. There is going to be a muscle that doesn't like that.

Messages In This Thread