rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

bouncing to a new city--finding an apartment?

bouncing to a new city--finding an apartment?

Quote: (07-18-2012 12:32 AM)malc Wrote:  

If you freelance online, I'd just go somewhere like the philippines, south east asia, eastern europe or maybe south america. The women are a lot better, and you'll be laughing to the bank on how much money your saving. A room in a hostel ranges from $10-30 a night, which is a $300-900 per month rent. You can stay in there until you find an apartment. I'd go somewhere tropical to get a break from the Canadian weather.

You can also stop paying income tax to canada when you move away. You can stop paying income taxes in general by setting up your income through an HK corporation or similar and just hop around with tourist visas around the world. Don't worry about the cost of healthcare in those countries, it's cheap enough that you'll be saving a lot of money when you avoid income tax.

When do move away, do plan to be away for at least 2 income tax years, or Canada won't consider you to have really moved away if you come back before then and you'll be liable for income tax. If you have financial assets (stocks, bonds, houses, etc), Canada will pretend you've liquidated all of them and give you a tax bill for the capital gains, so arrange that properly before you move out. If you just have personal property (laptop, etc) they don't tax you on that when you move out.

Have fun man, I'm kind of jealous.

If you don't want to move far from home, and your not moving to somewhere where you have friends & family, what you usually do is go online and try to arrange a whole bunch of viewings and then live in a cheap hostel with all your junk as you go on an apartment finding blitz. You'll be kind of desperate and won't find something ideal, so go for the first decent month-to-month room in a house/roommates situation that will give you breathing room to find something better. Then move into something better.

Yeah, the global travel thing might be on the plate in the next 3 years, but not in the next year....

Messages In This Thread