rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

G Manifesto Vindicated

G Manifesto Vindicated

Quote: (07-03-2012 10:57 AM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Quote: (07-02-2012 10:33 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (01-17-2010 12:51 AM)BostonBMW Wrote:  

Let me be straight up guys: Suit up, sharp tie and a pocket square..no matter what, it will give you a boost over the competition.

I went out to an event with my friend tonight. I was more like a chaperone, but had ladies opening to me with lines like "I like your tie" and "what do you do?" Totally awesome.

So this might be old news or even lame for some advanced people, but suiting up really gives me a boost and sets things apart. It's a classy move if you can run it.

I'm trying to make an effort to be out and about these days. I was wondering if the fellas have considered joining groups like meetup? I know its Boston and in the middle of winter but no excuses for being social.

Boston -

You still doing this?

Let's get a two year update for the crew.

G,

Had been off the grid for a while, just logged in and see this thread still going strong.

I'm still on it. However, like all things you have to keep evolving. In Boston, I am seeing more suits, but they are usually off the rack and ill fitting. Combined that with the fact that American guys are bigger/fatter than the Euros, you have cats rollin out in those Brooks Brothers sack suits (garbage bags) looking like accountants or insurance salesmen. No hate, just reality.

Besides staying custom suited down, I have been doing the following:

- Bolder patterns. Actually went down to NYC and dropped the dinero for a Duncan Quinn. you profiled him already: http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2012/03/dun...suits.html

- I have been steadily increasing the arsenal. Selecting my own fabrics. Been looking out for inspiration. http://www.suitsupply.com/suits/Suits,en_US,sc.html

- Pocketsquares: Posting up with a custom suit is not enough. You have to come through with the right pocket square. Go for flash on conservative patterns, low key on the bolder ones.

I have been on the next level deal -- meeting women with beauty and connects. We're talking about swooping and cutting business deals. I'm getting some serious respect in business circles. A spiral upwards, if you will. Although I am still nowhere near your level, I am identifying with what you have written about in the past.

Sure, I have gotten some hate. Usually from these weesh guys who have said "I'm trying too hard" or "I'm gay" for dressing too well. But that again, these t-shirt and jeans wearing, cubicle monkeys with progressively fattening girlfriends have bigger issues to deal with than my wardrobe.

That is strong.

I like to see you are making the necessary steps up the ladder.

Girls and biz go hand in hand.

Yeah, the journey to the top is paved with hate.

The funny thing as I have mentioned before on here is that the guys that hate on suits dress like homosexuals from the 90's ie tight t-shirts, designer jeans etc.

The joke is on them.

Messages In This Thread