rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is the most valuable class to study to make more money?

What is the most valuable class to study to make more money?

The cool thing about computer science is that you don't need to take ALL of the required courses to be employable. I was an Applied Math major but always was aiming at CS-related work. I learned awhile back that you didn't need the WHOLE CS curriculum just the following courses:

Object-Oriented Programming I & II (either in Java or C++, depending on school).
Data Structures & Algorithms
Operating Systems
Database Systems
Computer Networks

Other "nice to have courses" would be Organization of Programming Languages and Software Engineering.

You can pretty much qualify for most software engineering jobs with the above courses because it gives you the foundation to LEARN NEW TECHNOLOGY...which is the key to the whole software engineering industry. Those 6, 7 or 8 CS courses can be easily taken within an Applied Math, Physics, or Finance curriculum. Don't worry about the math because you only need up to Calculus II for most CS courses.

Messages In This Thread