rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Free room, board, and food in Europe, BUT......

Free room, board, and food in Europe, BUT......

I live in Switzerland.

Three simple questions:

1) What is your income source? This is the 2nd most expensive country on earth.

2) What type of a person are you? If you are extroverted and dig interacting with people and doing new shit, Switzerland will drive you crazy. It's boring as fcuk here for 9 months in a year. The locals are probably one of the most insular people in the world.

3) Can you put up with dull, depressing, rainy weather for a majority of the year? If not, again Switzerland will drive you crazy. It's not as bad as the UK, but trust me, you will feel the same way.

Positives to Switzerland:
1) Safety: This is the safest country on earth. Period. But something tells me that's not exactly your top priority.

2) Unbelievable nature: If you are an outdoors type who loves getting away to the mountains every weekend, this is the best place to be in. Although transport is pretty expensive.

3) Centre of Europe: Every place in Europe is just an hour away by flight. But that's if you are ok with Swiss flight prices. We routinely pay 40% more for flight tickets booked from and departing in Switzerland, even though it's the same destination.

Above all, do NOT make the mistake of assuming that you can cut corners and still get by on small money. You can do that in the UK, not here.

Messages In This Thread