rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to DJ for Pussy, Profit, and Fun

How to DJ for Pussy, Profit, and Fun

Quote: (06-19-2012 12:20 AM)Rah Wrote:  

I'm guessing learning basic techniques is something you could figure out with practice. It would be killer if an experienced DJ could speak more to what it takes the play the game.

This. Honestly dropping cash on a school is a waste. I have been in music long enough to know this, you can always learn the same or more on your own. Go crack a beer and break some bread with a DJ. 90% of these kats are music nerds and are down for anybody whom is into music and a honest kat, they will teach you for free then go turn around and charge a grand at a DJ school to teach punks.

This is why my homies charge fools like a grand+ to DJ weddings but would be happy doing a gig for 150 bucks.

picking up whatever software you decide to use will be the tricky thing but so many forums and resources exist online to help you online.

The only time IMO a music school/course makes sense is when your dealing with a really dense software like Abelton, or Logic.
use that 500-800 bucks and BUY MUSIC. Aside from practicing being up on music is a part time job in itself that does not pay. This is why I can BS and DJ with no issue at all because my music knowledge is on level 25 and I can pull tracks out of my ass that can't won't hear about till next year. My music knowledge ==> gets me connects ==> which gets me gigs. The skill is far down the list, people just want to hear dope shit.

The skill aspect is just like learning a golf swing but its the stratus you approach each hole with that will set you apart on the score shit. You can pay a ton of money for a golf coach to teach you Tiger Wood's swing but if you don't have the mind set on how to approach each hole you'll still be marginal.

You can tell right off the bat if your serious about this or a sucker. These DJ schools did not exist even five years ago. Think about it....

Messages In This Thread