rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Francisco Night Life

San Francisco Night Life

I grew up in the Bay Area and have lived in San Francisco for the past year. I love it to death. This city is extremely diverse in many ways for how geographically small it is, and there are tons of different 'scenes' depending on what you happen to be in the mood for. Tony Snow got it pretty much correct. I like dive-ish bars a lot so my favorite areas are the Polk/Tenderloin area, the Inner Richmond and the Mission, though I will say that the Mission is getting pretty bro-ed out recently, and while still a hipster haven, I've noticed that a lot of people commute from other places in the Bay Area to 'go out' there, and it seems that the Mission has been developing some Marina-type elements, especially on weekend nights, as weird as that is to say since stereotypically, those two districts are polar opposites.
I can't really comment too much on the city's club scene, I'm generally not a club type guy just cause it's so expensive and I generally have to be pretty drunk to have any kind of good time, but there are plenty of places to 'club it up' especially in the SoMa/Downtown/North Beach corridor. Contrary to what some people seem to be implying, there is some real high quality pussy in these areas (though obviously this depends on your taste and it should be noted that there are TONS of different races and 'ethnic' chicks all over the city).

People are, in general, really friendly here, males and females. I go out solo pretty often and pretty much always have a good time. To live here, you pretty much have to have a somewhat decent job. That includes chicks, so a lot of the best looking females you run into are driven, upwardly mobile types, which as Roosh has pointed out many times on his blog, is not necessarily a good thing. Also, I do believe it's better to be a little older in San Francisco to pick up--I just turned 23 this month and there have definitely been times that being younger has worked against me (this is, I'm sure, nothing a little game can't fix but that's a different subject). I think that's because the prohibitive cost of living here prevents a lot of younger people from coming out here until they've worked for a bit and saved up some money (unless of course they're college students, but it's summer right now). So on weekdays, when it's mostly local people going out, you generally won't find too many chicks under the age of 24 or so. It's different on the weekends when people come from all over the place to go out in the city.

During the day, there's plenty of festivals and things, especially during weekends this time of year, and of course Dolores Park on a good weather Saturday or Sunday is pretty much a day long party with plenty of drinking/drugs/cute hipster chicks. I've never really gone here to 'pick up' but if you're into day game you could definitely make something happen. Certain parts of massive Golden Gate Park are the same way.

There's pretty much something for everyone in San Francisco, the best part overall (as speakeasy mentioned) is that there really is much less of the superficiality you find in Southern CA--you will almost never be dismissed out of hand for looks/wealth reasons. There are a lot of gay men here, but even if you're straight, that's good! Statistically, it eliminates a lot of the competition and it's totally legit to go down to the super gay Castro and troll for straight chicks who hang out there to have a good time 'with their guard down' (if you don't mind getting hit on by gay men).

I'm still trying to figure out a lot about this city but I feel like as I get older and my game develops and I become more familiar with the districts, I'll hopefully be able to rack up plenty of notches.

BTW My favorite bar as of right now is Buckshot in the Inner Richmond. Good music, cute girls, really friendly bartenders, cheap drinks, skee-ball, pool, shuffleboard and a lil dance floor. What more do you need. Ah and how could I have forgotten to mention the Lower Height district. Toronado, Noc Noc, Molotov's, Mad Dog in the Fog and a couple other Irish pubs...one of the best areas to go out in the city, and surprisingly unknown to people who don't live here.

Messages In This Thread