rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Biarritz, France

Biarritz, France

Quote: (06-06-2012 08:18 PM)Moma Wrote:  

gmanifesto - sounds cool. Do you think I can get away with speaking Spanish there since it's so close to Spain or is French pretty much required? Would it be a bilingual place? I know you are fluent in Spanish so this might be more up your alley.

I don't remember Spanish being helpful at all. You are 30 min from Spanish border though, if you want to go there.

Quote:Quote:

I have never surfed before but my Naijailicious friend (don't laugh) has actually taken up surfing and is pretty good. Which beaches can I catch a good wave from?

I would go Anglet and walk way down the beach to find your own spot. There is a full nude beach there. Or was. Keep in mind it will be very crowded with beginners. This is dangerous.

I am wondering if I should branch out in Monaco a little. Do you think I should do a hotel or hostel in Monaco?

You are talking a whole different ball game and coast now. Really should be a different thread. This is like asking about La Jolla and then asking about Malibu. This is totally up to you.

It would make more sense to hit up Pais Vasco Spain, which is also mindblowingly beautiful.

All the little towns along the coast have week long festivals at some point in summer. It is kind of difficult to figure out when they are from the internet though. If you hook into one, you are in for a treat.

Tailorwise, can you recommend any stores to go in and ask about suits? Cloth cut in Europe is the best, in my opinion.

Not in that area. I barely wore shoes and a shirt when I was there.

What about good shopping centres (malls)? Can you recommend any?

No malls that I can remember. If they exist, they are outside the city. Biarittz is a very boutiquey place. Think Laguna Beach or La Jolla. But in France.

Do you think things have changed much in 12 years (you said you were there when you were 20)?

I bet it has. I remember it changing a significant amount (growing) from one summer to the next.

But the general high-end beach vibe will be in tact.

I just need to go down there with the right ammo.

Thanks, G.

No sweat.

Messages In This Thread