rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Los Angeles vs everywhere else

Los Angeles vs everywhere else

The reason I ask, is because a lot of time, "high-status" men are not that attractive. I think there are women who in the short-term would rather be with a good-looking low status man opposed to a guy who is already above average status but fat and unattractive (like so many in the midwest are), or only very average in looks department. I've never been one to run "game" in the PUA sense. Haven't needed to. Still, my apartment doesn't correspond to the image I project, and this has affected me with some women who are looking for security when I tell them I'm a waiter.

In most places, a man in his mid-to-late 20s living in a studio apartment is viewed as a loser. Living in Des Moines, IA (medium sized midwestern city) and Chicago (the king of the midwest) I can tell you for a fact in both these places you will be considered a joke among the majority of the hot single women in their 20s.

In LA, it can be argued he's trying to live the dream and this could be somewhat mitigating. It's also so common in LA to live in a small apartment, people go there with different ambitions in mind compared to what you'd hear in Chicago....hedge funds...finance...investment banking, etc. I get the impression it's almost acceptable in LA to live as a waiter and devote all your time to the gym, style, and meeting women in the short-term. If more comes from it, great.

The other cities you simply have to have more together and the amount of hot single available 20-something is low (this put me in a cougar phase at one point). You start to realize the better looking women in the midwest after a certain age are probably divorcees who did marry right after college.

I've heard the ratios are male-heavy in LA, but one would think with all the gays/crossdressers/ and tranny chasers there this would possibly even things out.

I do appreciate the input so far.

Messages In This Thread