rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Possible competitor to 4 Hour Work Week?

Possible competitor to 4 Hour Work Week?

I actually just read this book last week. Much of the book is short case studies of individuals who have successfully started very small businesses of 1-5 employees with little money up front ($100-$5000). The author really encourages you to figure out your deepest passion (besides picking up lizards) and figure out how to turn it into a profitable business that will get your ass out of the soul sucking 9-5 corporate lifestyle and give you the freedom to travel and work on your own terms. The businesses he discusses are of this type: there is a snowboarder who makes $300k/yr by producing and selling snowboarding videos, a guy who makes $120k/yr off a reference book he published for complicated software that previously had no reference book, an architect/web designer who makes $100k/yr on his own, etc. etc. etc.

The book is good for inspiration, but a lot of these people happened to be in the right place at the right time so keep that in mind. And the logistical business tips he gives are very amateur and worthless. They made me laugh while I was reading. Check out "The Lean Startup" if you want to start learning the science of entrepreneurship. That book divulges a lot of technique that is taught in the Stanford entrepreneurship program which is one of the best.

Messages In This Thread