rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Gets Married

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg Gets Married

Quote: (05-20-2012 03:54 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (05-20-2012 02:05 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Another point...how many guys in his position marry someone as accomplished as a doctor? All these years, she's been working towards a REAL career. A serious one, that takes years of intense study, and that study doesn't stop once you get a job.

It's definitely an accomplishment, graduating from medical school, UCSF no less. But it's like some investment banker said about why he dates kindergarten teachers. It'd be such a mindfuck logistically and emotionally to date someone else who is pressed for time and stressed by a high powered career - why would I want to date a woman in that position? A man needs a woman who is emotionally available at least as much as women do.

That said, if I had to choose a wife from a certain profession, I'd choose a pediatrician. Intelligent, feminine, likes kids, isn't after big money or prestige.

Good points all, but we've pretty much established that Zuck isn't like most guys. We've also discussed at length how marriages are doomed to failure when the woman has a demanding career. His career is, and has been demanding from the moment he started this. Her studies have been all-encompassing. But they're still together. I wonder how much time they've spent together in the time they've known each other while he worked and she went to school. For most couples that would have spelled doom long ago, and would have chalked it up to bad timing in their lives. I think you might have two unique individuals that are simply right for each other, and can deal with the time apart and different career pursuits. Of course, we'll see what happens when a kid or two comes into the mix.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Messages In This Thread