rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Slavic Holy Trinity: Rus/Ukr/Bel

The Slavic Holy Trinity: Rus/Ukr/Bel

Quote: (05-14-2012 04:04 AM)Hooligan Harry Wrote:  

Quote: (05-14-2012 03:20 AM)Antipodean Wrote:  

I am planning on travelling in Ukraine and Russia in June and July.
I'm not a complete newbie - spent a couple of weeks in Ukraine last year - Odessa, Kiev, Lviv. This will be my first time in Russia.
This year I want to push further east in Ukraine, then thinking about Volgograd and Samara, before heading to Moskow and St Petersburg.
I struggle with other languages, but will make the effort to learn some basic Russian.

How do you guys with experience over there think I will get by in Volgograd and Samara with very limited Russian language skills?
Are there other cities I should consider?

Last year I travelled though 8 EE countries (12 cities) in less than 2 months.
It was good to visit and see so many new places, but the logistics play havock with effective game.
This year my aim is to spend longer times in less places. Get an apartment where practical.

I'm open to suggestions from guys who have been there before me, especially re suitable short stay apartment accomodations?

BTW, I'm an older guy (won't be seeing 50 again) but I seem to pass for early to mid 40's. I'm tall, in good shape.
Targets are late 20's to early 30's. Any enthusiastic early 20's are a bonus!
My personal mission is to practice day game, but I found last month in SEA that pipelining/online is a good way to hit the deck running in a new place, and is great for filtering for English speakers, non-smokers, etc.

A lack of Russian outside Moscow and St Petersburg will be a hard slog. You best bet is actually to arrange meet ups online by targeting English speakers, will save you frustration. Another other than Tier 1 in EE and Russia without Russian is not really advised unless you up for a challenge, making day game pretty tough going.

Saying that, women over 28 are seen as ancient. So banging women 20-25 years younger is on the cards and it should not be a major factor at all. Sometimes its actually an asset, the women prefer older men. Not by a few years, sometimes they want that 10-15 year gap.

Thanks for that Harry.

I guess I already know from last year's experience that the language barrier is a major hurdle with game.
It's part of my personal quest to push myself further out of my comfort zone, so a few embarrassing situations is no big deal.

At a more basic level though, I am travelling alone, and don't want to get so far into the "back blocks" that my language limitations make it difficult to even arrange accomodation and transport, etc.
Google translate should save the day again, at least so long as there is cellular broadband.

Messages In This Thread