rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama finally comes out as pro gay marriage

Obama finally comes out as pro gay marriage

Quote: (05-10-2012 06:12 PM)j r Wrote:  

Forget about empirical verification and just go with your gut? Is that your argument? Let's sat that I went around and asked a bunch of white people if they were they to be reincarnated, if they would rather be born white or born black, and almost all of them said white. Does that "verify the veracity" of white supremacy?

Apples and oranges. A mother and a father have different things to give a kid. Just because a there are healthy kids that come out of gay households doesn't mean that's preferable. There are healthy kids that come out of orphanages. Does that mean an orphanage is preferable to having parents? There are healthy kids that still manage to come out of dysfunctional homes for that matter. I know such examples.

Quote:Quote:

And it isn't that hard to do an honest study on this sort of thing. All you do is compare a sample of children raised by same sex couples with a sample of children raised by different-sex couples and see if there is any statistically significant differences in outcomes like education, mental illness, criminal convictions, etc. If you corrected for demographic variables, you'd likely find no differences. If you didn't correct for demographics, I bet you'd find better outcomes with the children of gay couples. A gay couple needs to be somewhat together to get in a position to raise kids; whereas, just about any two straight deadbeats can make a baby.

Gays who adopt are obviously selected very carefully as are any parents who are screened for adoption. So it's not like you are getting a random slice of the gay population. The Queens parading down the Castro district in leather chaps probably aren't the going to be the ones adopting.

I never said that gays shouldn't be allowed to adopt. But I think there should be a preference to a mother and father couple. If the reason for that isn't axiomatic, I motherfucking give up! [Image: undecided.gif]

Messages In This Thread