rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama finally comes out as pro gay marriage

Obama finally comes out as pro gay marriage

Quote: (05-09-2012 02:32 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/pre...riage.html

I'm not taking any pro/con position on his statement. I have my nuanced views gays and gay marriage, but that's not the point here.

When politicians make statements like this above, everything is carefully calculated and scripted. I wonder if he is doing this to shore up his flaccid core liberal support base going into the election? You might think that going into a tight race, he would avoid the gay marriage issue as it's extremely polarizing. I'm guessing his strategists figured that the support he would garner would out-weigh those he'd alienate. It may also mean that he feels so confident going into this election against Romney that he isn't worried about it. Thoughts?

He's not doing it because he feels so confident that he'll beat Romney anyway. The man is nothing if not politically cautious. This is the result of cold, pragmatic political calculation. Are there risks to it? Sure, but apparently his people convinced him that the pros outweighed the cons.

Messages In This Thread