rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The God pill

The God pill

I think a lot of people fail to realize just how much of our lives is based on faith and faith alone. Most decisions we make are not the result of a multitude of experiments to ascertain if it's the correct course of action, and can never be any other way.

People used to believe in priest's words about God, and nowadays believe the new priests' (scientists) words about absence of God, evolution, what have you. Of course, if your worldview is based on Revelation there is no contradiction in doing this. But if your worldview is based on the scientific method, then there is. In a way, their faith is stronger, because they put it in earthly things - which to me is a much bigger leap of faith.

I doubt atheists ever put their beliefs to the test (when the tests are even possible at all). Instead, they simply have faith. But instead of faith in an eternal, unchanging God, they have faith in bald guys in lab coats with questionable incentives.

Messages In This Thread