rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should pit bulls be genocided?

Should pit bulls be genocided?

Quote: (05-14-2019 07:25 PM)Alpone Wrote:  

Make no mistake, I'm a dog lover, but I've noticed a trend of people owning pit bulls with no ability to train or control them. Recently a friend's Pomeranian was viciously mauled by a pit bull. This Pomeranian barely survived and will be traumatized for life. A female cousin also picked up a shelter pit and it bit my ankle within 5 minutes of me entering her house. It also attacks her frequently. She still keeps it because it's a "sweetheart". It's also more alpha than any guy she has ever dated. She has taken on the role of a battered housewife by keeping this dog.

I used to not make much of these "random" dog attacks, but as the number of pit owners increases, anecdotal evidence keeps telling me this breed is a problem. I did some research and found it's not just me. Forbes recently did an article on pits:

Quote:Quote:

"The following infographic shows that the Pit Bull is still responsible for the most fatal attacks in the U.S. by far, killing 284 people over that 13-year period - 66 percent of total fatalities."

If you can't train your dog properly, fuck off and don't own a dog. If a dog is trained properly, then no matter what the breed is, it will make an excellent companion, friend and guardian.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccart...b3beca62f8

[Image: 20180914_Deadly_Dogs_Forbes.jpg]

How many times have you read a newspaper article about a horrific dog attack and discovered that, yet again, pit bulls were responsible?

There are some conflicting studies on Wikipedia (which I'm sure has been heavily edited to prevent dog-racism), but some studies support my conclusion:

"In relation to its small registration (929) the bullterrier (pit bull) was responsible for the highest number of deaths."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_dog_...ted_States

Combine this with a growing number of single women owning pit bulls as a father/husband/child substitute with their complete inability to train or discipline them, and I see problems on the horizon. Even many dudes can't control these things due to the breed's unpredictable nature and aggression.

This leads to the question: Should such an aggressive breed continue to grow in number in a world that's becoming increasingly ill-adapted to care for and train them properly?

My answer is no.

My modest proposal would be a soft genocide of the pit bull breed.

I know the phrase "soft genocide" may raise eyebrows, but it's actually quite humane. Just put laws in place to prevent people from breeding them. Anyone caught selling or raising pit bull puppies would be heavily fined or jailed. There would also be a lot of anti-pit bull propaganda.

I'm sure many of you have pits who are "total sweethearts" and who you love. That's fine and I wouldn't want to do anything to interfere in that relationship. But I've seen too much anecdotal evidence and research which leads me to believe that pit bulls are a danger to society.

The most humane thing to do would be to eradicate the breed from the face of the earth - painlessly, softly and gradually.

Messages In This Thread