rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Older Guys (40+)

Older Guys (40+)

Quote: (05-17-2019 02:16 AM)DimeBait Wrote:  

Daily BCAA in the morning helps prevent muscle atrophy is what I’ve been told and do. I’ve been cutting for some quite some time and still fear eating in a surplus to pack on more muscle. I told myself Once I get within the BMI index, I’ll feel comfortable bulking. I’ve lost roughly 120lbs on keto, then intermittent fasting (which I’ve been doing for the past two years).

Congrats man, 120 lbs is no joke!

I just got my Xtend BCAA powder yesterday, so that will be going into my post workout shakes. I am on full keto and pretty extreme intermittent fasting.

Morning Coffee with coconut oil,
Lunch around 1:30 is a hard boiled egg, and an almond milk smoothie with Psyllium fiber, spinach and 1/3 cup berries. I will be adding the BCAA to the smoothie.
Supper is at 5:30/6 pm and is the only full meal. I try to vary flavors and foods as much as possible while staying in the keto zone. Most days I keep my gross carbs under 30 and my net carbs under 15. Seems to be working so far.

I did buy a "smart scale" as well, I know they are not perfect, but this one shows me my current stats:
BMI 27.9
Body fat 24.4%
Fat Free weight 126.4 lbs
Subcutaneous Fat 21.3%
Visceral Fat 10%
Body Water 54%
Skeletal Muscle 48.8%
Muscle Mass 120.2 lbs
Bone Mass 6.4 lbs
Protein 17.3%
BMR 1609 kcal
Metabolic Age 51 (shitty since I am only 48, gotta get that fat % down)

Honestly I don't know how accurate that info is, but it gives me an idea of where I am at least.

I think now that I am lifting I may need to up my protein. I was listening to this guy (below video) who recommended 1.2 grams of protein per kg of lean body weight. I assume that means the weight you should be if you're not a fat bastard like me.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Messages In This Thread