rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The God pill

The God pill

Quote: (05-04-2019 11:02 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2019 10:14 AM)Aurini Wrote:  

I think I (through Fr. Seraphim) present a strong argument that democracy and God are incompatible. Democracy attains its power from the lower; how can you take a stand against tranny kids if that's the case? Humbling oneself to a Christian Monarch may be uncomfortable, but I believe it's necessary for just government.

Of course, this doesn't imply that heavy-handed government is good - one doesn't need to go around beating everyone who fails to uphold Christian Virtue - but the author of the piece seems to be looking for a way to have his cake and eat it too. These hypocritical alliances have all failed, and the present state of affairs is their natural fruit.

The sweet spot would surely have to be the point where the hierarchy leaders have spiritually captured the cream of the societal crop (legitimate, not noble-born) and while the lower-born can aspire to better themselves, they can also choose to languish in misery without being able to usurp society's order if they choose to rebel.

Having said that, I'm getting the sense that all attempts to establish lasting beneficial order on earth are futile and in some (minor?) sense blasphemous despite meaning well.

Order always begets wellbeing begets sloth begets what we have today.

If our mortal realm is meant to be a testing ground for our place or rather worthiness of it in the next realm then nothing here is meant to be smooth and truly orderly. I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with pushing for a world where everyone gets a fighting chance to choose God before they get a Bolshevik bullet in the back of the head but at the end of the day all systems will fail, even if the ultimate reason for their failure is precisely because they succeeded so well in the first place.

Still, it's somewhat apt that we're coming to the notion of a "Return of Kings".

You're absolutely correct; trying to form a 'Fourth Reich that will last a thousand years' is utter hubris.

To the extent that politics is important for one's spiritual development, it's to realize that people get the government they deserve. I used to laud the benefits of monarchy; that's about as effective as lauding the benefits of marriage to a feminist. Your average person is deeply committed to rebellion, particularly in the United States. They've mythologized Satan's agenda. The biggest point of monarchy is that one accept's one's role in life. Instead of having every fool trying to become a famous TV star or Instagram model, we should be looking around us to see what good we can do for our friends and neighbours. If everybody started embracing such an ethos, we'd get a just government again within 50 years.

But so long as people remain self-involved and committed to their own egos, we're going to have a world that continually gets worse. Understanding that is important; trying to design the perfect political system in our garage is vanity.

Messages In This Thread