rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The God pill

The God pill

Getting back to my gnostic interpretation of christianity.

What is the mainstream catholic/orthodox/protestant position towards gnosticism?

I didn't even know there was a position that agreed with me regarding Yawhe vs Christ.

Seemingly this is Gnosticism.

I wonder, Tolkien is often claimed as catholic, however his writings show him as more of a gnostic. Case in point, the world in LOTR is created by various angels, who are in turn created by the true god. The true god is not working on the world though, which is created by the angels, including the "devil". This goes well with the gnostic interpretation of Yawhe as the demiurge in gnosticism. However, I can also see how this would lead to satanism if you believe that Lucifer is simply an angel trying to tell the world that Yawhe is an imposter. The difference has to be whether you believe Christ to be god. If you do believe Christ is god, then you can be gnostic and not a satanist.

Messages In This Thread