rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The God pill

The God pill

Quote: (05-02-2019 12:52 AM)NoMoreTO Wrote:  

So many of these things are real, but our culture wants to dismiss them, or only gives them 5 seconds of thought. A small similar anectdote from my family is that my mother woke up quite suddenly in the middle of the night, the same night my grandmother passed.

It seems to be a much more common phenomenon than most realize. I suspect we just don't talk about it because we fear others will think we are crazy. Or we just don't want to deal with people trivializing what happened by trying to come up with a why like Leonard pointed out in his post.

Just from me posting we have NomadBrah, Leonard and your mom having similar experiences.

I don't mind if anyone believes or not. I hope they find their truth and it gives them comfort. I feel blessed in many ways to be able to not worry about death nor worry about my life here.

Quote:Quote:

I also found the video very fascinating, the scientist comes across as a very authentic guy. So many small anectdotes that he aggregates to give us a picture of the things that happen. In the end he begins to discuss how it important for us to understand the dying process, and to respect death , this hit home for me. He mentions that a key part of dying well is being able to leave earthly attachments, including our bodies, wives, money, and often guilty consciences. He mentions that the Dali Lama agrees with this and mentions that the less attention we pay to death, the more greedy and worldly the society.

That was Peter Fenwick. I've watched a few of his videos and they were all good. First was a TedTalk. He is a neurophyicist and neurophysiologist . I hope we have more doctors open to these types of topics.

The experiences during death is based on our beliefs. People who believe in a particular religion may have an experience closer to what they believe. People in different parts of the world will experience something different. I found it all to be incredibly interesting.

But we are never alone when we die. Our loved ones come to us to help us transition back. I was lucky to be there for when my grandmother died. It wasn't a quick passing but lasted for maybe a week. Before that week began, she would sit there and just giggle like a little girl. I asked her what was so funny and she told me her brother was there making her laugh. I wrote it off as confusion. Now I think he was really there helping her with what will be her last week here.

Quote:Quote:

My experience is that it is important to pray at the bedside of those you love. This might not be something that we are all used to doing, myself I can say that I carried some apprehension or introversion about this, perhaps because it had been so many years since I had actually prayed publically or with someone. From personal experience, It offers a great deal of solace to people, and to the person saying the prayer.

Your loved ones do hear you when you pray or simply talk to them. They may even try to send messages to you to let you know they're prefectly fine and happy. The messages would be something that would make you think of them. A song, a butterfly, rainbow... stuff like that. As for if we comprehend those messages or even really ready to accept them is another issue. It's hard for them to get through when we are in grief or dealing with negative emotions.

I just look at it as we are in school trying to learn. I still get sucked into the mundane day to days of being here. It's difficult to break away from what you have to do and remember what the ultimate goal is. Remembering helps me put things into perpective when the day to days become a little overwhelming.

That doesn't mean we still can't have fun. We are suppose to enjoy ourselves as well.

Also, one of the things that has helped me the most was understanding that we all come here imperfect. We are suppose to have issues or character flaws or whatever you want to call it. It doesn't define our true selves. In a way, we are playing a role here in order to grow.

Anyway, I understand many people have different beliefs and that is perfectly cool with me. I just highlighted some of the things I have come to believe and I hope others will find their truth. I don't care what you believe as long as it helps you to be happier and worry free.

Messages In This Thread