rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The God pill

The God pill

Quote: (04-29-2019 05:15 AM)ilostabet Wrote:  

Quote: (04-29-2019 03:15 AM)Aurini Wrote:  

As for Bibles - recognize, first of all, that you don't need one.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I am not Protestant, but one of the things I appreciate and admire in Prots in general is that the lay people actually read the Bible, study it, make it part of everyday life. One of the weirdest experiences of my life was meeting a devout Catholic (who goes to mass, confession, etc, regularly and is not a dummy or a simpleton) who didn't know I was quoting Proverbs when I stated 'The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom' - this was because he did not have the habit of opening up his Bible and reading it and obviously the Catechism had not stayed in his mind (which is why you should refresh that by yourself, in my opinion). Obviously you can love God with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself without ever opening a Bible and I understand the need for clarifying your readings with authority (your priest, the Church Fathers, etc), but I don't think it should be tossed away as meaningless to sit down and read it for yourself. Isn't it throwing away your ability to think for yourself - which you mentioned afterward - when we have the word of God available to us, compiled by very wise men, and not read it ourselves?

Same thing with the sunday sabbath.
If more folk actually read their Bibles, of any sort, they'd struggle to find a distinct reference to a sunday sabbath.

Messages In This Thread