rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hands in Pockets, i can't call it

Hands in Pockets, i can't call it

Quote: (03-29-2012 09:57 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

I went out with some guy from the pick up community. I was holding the beer around my belly. he said, 'keep your drinks by your pocket'. It sounded very stupid. (there was a rule about this from some game book)
Will the chick recognize that and my chance of getting laid will be higher? LOL

You're talking about "the beer shield."

Hate to rain on your inner-game parade, but I found the beer shield advice to be incredibly useful - keeping my drink at my side (and also thus sipping it from the side of the glass instead of pouring it down my mouth) really seemed to calm me down and make me more laid back. It's been shown that adopting better body language leads to psychological changes that result in a bolder personality.

And myself and other gamers have noticed in public that guys with beer shields are truly shielding themselves. Is it going to get you laid by itself? No, but body language is an important way to not knock yourself out of the competition before you even open your mouth.

Messages In This Thread