rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bug man cries and blubbers while watching new Star Wars trailer

Bug man cries and blubbers while watching new Star Wars trailer

Quote: (04-17-2019 04:35 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

Eh. I’ve got my own geeky interests. Even take it a step further because mine has a huge hobby aspect that involves assembly and painting. Doesn’t mean I can’t TCOB if needed.

There’s some guys from here and RoK I’ve met whose masculinity I would never question that have geeky interests like Fallout. The difference is that they haven’t tied their identity into consumption of those franchises and it doesn’t control their emotions. For them it’s just a movie/game you enjoy as a guilty pleasure and then you get on with more important things. No more emotionally significant than a few minutes spent lounging on the porch with a beer.

Yep. Nobody wants to hit on the poor guy too much or for too long. There's nothing to be gained from it and anyway, he's clearly got enough problems of his own already.

Nevertheless, it's important that this behaviour isn't tolerated without some ridicule, or god forbid, celebrated.

Being a nerd is fine, but it shouldn't preclude masculinity. I myself am a Nerd/Jock hybrid, something I encourage in my son; that way he gets good grades and an intelligent curiosity about the world, but still gets picked first for sports. Having a foot in both camps enables you to both hit back and think back.

Cry at Star Wars if you have to, but do it alone and don't put a camera on your face and show the world. It's the flamboyant disrespect for masculinity that is abhorrent here.

Jack Donovan says it best(from 'Way of Men');

Quote:Quote:

Context: Flamboyant dishonor is not a failure of strength or courage. Men who are flamboyant dishonorable are flagrant in their disregard for the esteem of their male peers. What we often call effeminacy is a theatrical rejection of masculine hierarchy and manly virtues. Masculinity is religious, and flamboyantly dishonorable men are blasphemers. Flamboyant dishonor is an insult to the core values of the male group. Flamboyant dishonor is an openly expressed lack of concern for one's reputation for strength, courage and mastery within the context of an honor group comprised primarily of other men... Flamboyant dishonor is a little bit like walking into that room full of men who are trying to get better at jiu-jitsu and insisting that they stop what they are doing and pay attention to your fantastic new tap-dancing routine. The flamboyantly dishonorable man seeks attention for something the male group doesn't value, or which isn't appropriate at a given time. Pg 60-61

Fuente: https://citas.in/autores/jack-donovan/

‘After you’ve got two eye-witness accounts, following an automobile accident, you begin
To worry about history’ – Tim Allen

Messages In This Thread