rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lifter's Lounge

Lifter's Lounge

Quote: (04-04-2019 03:29 PM)Lermontov Wrote:  

Batman, I saw your thread. It's not you or your genetics. Your programming was bad. Same volume (too low) for too much time. No autoregulation so you leave the gym exhausted.

You will get stronger if you do more volume. More. Volume. At tolerable intensity so your fatigue doesn't get too high. Don't train less, train more.

Madcow wasn't high volume??? Day 1 and day 3 had you doing three compound lifts at 5x5 each. Day 5 had three compound lifts with each doing 4x5, 1x3, 1x8 for a total of nearly 100 reps between all the lifts! Most people actually don't like madcow because they complain the volume is too high and it takes too long. Also, there was autoregulation built in; if you failed to complete your reps you were supposed to deload (just like Stronglifts). Lastly, day 3 used lighter weights.

I haven't looked through the details of the bridge program you suggested yet, but I can give it a try. But remember I don't care about getting stronger now, I care about getting leaner. I guess I'm failing to understand why a high volume workout would help me - i'd be more exhausted and need to eat more to recover. Unless the program isn't designed for bulking or using heavy weights.

To me I suspect that diet matters a lot more than the program itself - I'd probably look decent if I could shred ~15 lbs of fat without losing any muscle.

Messages In This Thread