rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Repat Chronicles...(Gringo story of repatriating back to USA from South America)

Repat Chronicles...(Gringo story of repatriating back to USA from South America)

Quote: (03-20-2019 12:22 AM)Papi Rico Wrote:  

"I’d love to stay in Lima … but I can’t afford it!"

He's an entertaining writer overall, I agree, but his above conclusion in this post is highly misleading.

He is not being driven out by costs in Lima; he is leaving because his online businesses have failed to consistently produce income sufficient to sustain a 5-person family on a Western lifestyle.

The key here is that he appears to be going from location-independent blogging/e-commerce back into the 9-to-5 Corporate lifestyle. In other words, the fact that he is repatriating back to the US is entirely irrelevant. He's simply going somewhere he'll have a stable paycheck. This is something which is implicit in his writing but which he refuses to explicitly acknowledge.

This is entirely it. The guy is delusional thinking that simply moving down to South America would automatically make him an expat. Real expats, or at the least the ones that he's dreaming of, are hosted on an expat package where housing and your kids' tuition are covered for you.

Quote:Quote:

Peru is rich as fuck

Most of Peru is still poor. He's just looking up at what the upper crust have, rather than looking down at what 99.9% of the poor have to deal with.

I have to wonder though. If he moves back, what will he and his wife do for work in the midwest?

Messages In This Thread