rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is our academic system a fraud?

Is our academic system a fraud?

Well before the 1970s, college was geared more towards rich people and those who can afford it. The GI Bill though in the 50s sent men to college for free and it created the largest middle class the world has ever seen, but aside from that it was mainly a rich people thing to go to college.

Then they decided to open the floodgates. Enrollment was down in the 70s and 80s and colleges and universities started to panic and guess who ended up saving the day? Women. Women started to go to college in droves! Women are now over 50% of the people that go to college. A lot of women going to college from the 70s and onward.

In 2019 we have entered another crisis, college enrollment is down more than ever before and many people are thinking twice before going into large sums of debt and thinking that its not worth it. Colleges and universities are freaking out again and are hoping that Hispanics are going to come in and save the day. To that I say to my Hispanic/Latino people, please do not make that mistake and bail out these institutions! They are parasitical and worthless.

There is also a sense of white flight as well. Why should white people, and most importantly white men go and spend 5 precious years of their life and money only to get lectured on how they have too much privilege and shouldn't reproduce and are the problems for everything and everyone. Why would anyone want to pay for that? We are talking thousands of dollars you are putting into to subsidize Diversity summits, safe spaces, etc... There's very little value aside from very technical fields. Also there's a whole campaign on raping on college campuses everywhere where kissing a girl will be considered rape.

College is starting to be a joke now.

If I had to do it all over again I would just go to a tech school or a community college, learned a trade and make good money doing that and save up and start a business. You get way more skills running your own business than you do going 5 years to a university to major in Business Administration and goof off for 5 years.

Messages In This Thread