rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online Degrees

Online Degrees

Quote: (09-11-2012 06:17 PM)LoveBug Wrote:  

I was wondering how some of the other members of this forum feel about the validity of online degrees? Traditionally they have not been held in the same esteem as brick and mortar schools, I was wondering if this sentiment has started to change as the world has become more internet driven?

I am thinking about going back to school and getting my MBA. There is really only one University that offers this within an 75 minute drive, and it is very competitive to get into. Therefore I did some searching and found an online University, that is regionally accredited (although not AACSB accredited - top tier accreditation), cheap, and would allow me to work at my own pace (not to mention the other perks like not having to deal with other people constantly, no oral presentations etc)

I wonder how this degree would be recieved in society?

An increasing number of people with college degrees bring down the value of going to university anyway. If you can get a degree online, then why not? Unless you are a Harvard graduate, I don't see much difference to go to an online uni or an on campus one.

Messages In This Thread