rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Mexican War On Drugs Is A Hoax, The Mexican Border Wall Is Useless + Other Red Pills

Mexican War On Drugs Is A Hoax, The Mexican Border Wall Is Useless + Other Red Pills

Quote: (03-05-2019 03:40 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

As I said in the Trump thread:

Walls work, fences work, anything that impedes crossing at all works. The Right seems to think it's all or nothing while the Left believes in incremental changes...a relentless march toward their goal. That's the one trait we need to learn.

Ideally, I would want motion activated Vulcan cannons and minefields along the border. But I'd settle for a wall, or a razor wire fence or any other reasonable first step. Get people used to the idea of a wall, see it in action, then start fortifying it.

Well I agree but disagree.

I feel as though the left seems to think of goals as a check the box, point-in-time outcome. Like a "happily ever after", instead of outcomes being directionally accurate, good or true.

Because when you think about it, no job is ever done. Most of the left and the right seem to miss the point.

Walls and technology will evolve and so will the fundamentals. As long as we're moving in the right direction - more border security and good ideas - and implementing them, that is progress. It doesn't mean we need a 2000 mile concrete wall because as we have all been educated over the past two years - that's not what is most effective, and the smart people (engineers and border agents) are not even advocating for that - rather a mix of a variety of smartwalls, chokepoints, ground-penetrating radar, drones, satellites, patrols, etc.

Trump would be wise to concede to the engineers, I think he gets too hung up on the "wall" which the left has successfully turned into a symbol of racism. Gotta flip the script.

Those saying walls are useless are just plain ignorant, there is no other way to say it.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Messages In This Thread