rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Explain this scenario to me please

Explain this scenario to me please

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:15 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2019 06:57 PM)Batman_ Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2019 04:31 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

As sad and pathetic as this sounds, you have to understand WHY they are like this, and its hard to hate them for it:

When you are small, weak and vulnerable, the only protection you have is to be liked, loved and valued in the tribe. The strong men of the tribe protect you physically, so it's important to be seen as a valuable, fertile tribe member.

Your position in the female rankings determines your access to males, food and protection, so social status is EVERYTHING to women.

I get that, but why not actually lead a fulfilling and interesting life with interesting people instead of pretending? It seems like it would be easier and more rewarding than a life built around fabrications and trickery.

Besides, are they really fooling anyone important? It seems like they're only out-competing their peers to win the favor of orbiters. It reminds me of the "fake it till you make it" cancer meme - you're only fooling losers to satisfy your ego.

Caring about leading a fulfilling and interesting life(one aspect of "success") is not universal. It is a K instinct to care about success.

One of the most mind blowing things is realising r people don't care about success.

They are not fooling important people to you, from a K selected POV of who is important or not. However r's have a weak grasp on reality so from their POV they are not actually "fooling" people- they assume no one knows what reality is, so whatever is asserted or believed socially(consensus/democracy) goes (and from their perspective, is reality).

Many are tremendously short-sighted and literally try to maximize all pleasure taking into no account the fact that their SMV and body will give out at some point. Thus, at the time it looks like they're living the life, but in reality they are just dubai porta-potties.

These un-calculated individuals will be in a bad marriage at some point unhappy because they settled with a low status beta. That's their own doing and a result of a lack of deference given towards long-term consequences.

Messages In This Thread