rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with a breakup with someone your considered a potential 'one'

Dealing with a breakup with someone your considered a potential 'one'

Hey Teedub, sorry to hear about your situation and how you're feeling right now. I would say that rather than being heartbroken about this, your ego is probably hurt and that's what is affecting your emotional state.

Your ego is thinking that she chose dancing/dancing with other guys over you. In reality, that's not what it is. I think as humans when somebody positions us with an ultimatum there's always a push-back to that person. I don't know how the discussion came about or how you positioned it, but I'm guessing you could have achieved your desired result with a better approach to it.

In a situation like this, I tend to go for a set-up around "trust", "respect", and "intention" (I actually have generally the same speech at the outset of all relationships). The intention in this scenario, doesn't revolve around your partner but also who they may be meeting/dancing with. Even if there is no intention from the partners end but the "friend" they're meeting for drinks or the people they're dancing with may have an interest in her then it's disrespectful to me. I show that respect and expect the same in return. (It's a little more long winded than this but the general concept is there - the approach is a slow burner but has always got the desired results). Obviously, a little late advice for you but maybe to try should the situation ever occur in the future.

You'll be fine Teedub - the wound is still fresh and might last a few weeks but in the cold light of day you will rationalise this appropriately. She didn't pick anyone/anything over you - she picked the other side of the argument... and there's a difference [Image: wink.gif]

Messages In This Thread